A little break from sewing to try something a bit different.
(If you ignore the little quilted mat)
I used a mish-mash of things for this little tray: a bit of Cath for inspiration, the outer scallop template from here, then I traced this rose template in the centre of the scallop, and made an impression on the wood to paint inside of by drawing over the template with an ink-less biro. The paints for the flowers were acrylics, I just used a red and mixed it with white for each shade. I thought about varnishing it but I'm happy with it gradually getting that homely worn in look so I'll leave it for now.
I hope you're having a great week,